Channel Segmentation is about defining and segmenting a retail channel, with implications for Point of Purchase strategy and activation.
Understanding and segmenting your channels can minimise wastage, increase your product sales via relevance, deepen your relationship with retailers and set realistic expectations for product launches and sales performance given your understanding of the channel and its role.
Ultimately, it’s about ensuring you go to market with the right things in the right way, in the right places.
Outputs of our Channel Segmentation process include:
- A clear definition of the channel and segments within it
- Segment outlines – what they are, how they work
- The role of the category to the segment, and vice versa
- Implications for retail goals and execution
- Ranking of focus channel segments for your category
- Ranking and prioritising in store sales drivers (range, space, visibility & merchandising, price, promotion, staff persuastion & service) in each of the channel segments
- Outline of how activation needs to differ by segment
- Standards and scorecards for measurement and evaluation
- Distribution & ranging strategy
- Space & layout strategy
- Visibility, merchandising & display
- Pricing & price promotion
- Retailer & staff education & incentives
- Measurement & evaluation tools per channel segment
Your first point of contact for Channel Segmentation assistance is Peter Huskins on 0412 574 793.